Hurry call 911, its a DJ EMERGENCY!!
Are you a prepared DJ? What do you carry in your DJ bag in case of an Emergency!!
These are a few things I carry in my bag every time I leave the house to DJ.
1. An emergency USB drive -This consist of a few key files. I always have a copy my current DJ software and the install file. I carry a file with the latest drivers for my hardware and any updated firmware for CDJs and Controllers. I also have file with a Time Code Signal for the DJ Software I am using. I have a file with a few mixes of different genres. I have a few top hits folders for every genre and occasion to get through any emergency. This also has a wedding file on it with slow songs, entrances and line dances.
2. Cable adapters - This consists of any headphone adapters XLR, 1/4 plugs or RCA converters.
3. Cables - Extra XLR, 1/4, and RCA cables.
4. Toolkit - Emergency bag with precision screwdrivers, electrical tape, wire cutters, and zip ties.
5. External Hard drive back up - This consist of a back up your current files from your DJ hard drive in case anything goes wrong.
6. External Drive carrying case - external drives are very fragile and need to be secured at all times.
7. Power USB hub - This helps you connect more USB devices to your computer for Djing. For example a midi controller.
8. Aux to RCA cord - This helps you to connect an iPad or a Smartphone to an external channel if your computer freezes.
9. IPad, Tablet or Cell Phone on AirPlane Mode - Loading up these devices with a few premade mixes to use while you reboot your computer if it happens to freeze during a live gig.
10. Note Pad and Pen or Marker- This used for taking notes, writing down a request, and/or creating a mailing list.
What's in YOUR DJ bag??
If you find these tips helpful please like, repost, and join our email list for more FREE DJ TIPS!
(Written by Jaeson Ramirez, posted with permission)